Subject: Re: "Malta" MIPS port committed.
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 03/14/2002 14:33:30
On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 02:04:12PM -0500, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Wasabi Systems is pleased to announce yet another new NetBSD port. It
> is to the to MIPS Technologies Malta evaluation board. Simon Burge did
> the work, and has committed it to the main NetBSD source tree.

two questions:

* is the port bi-endian?  (it looks like the hardware is, at least for the
  QED RM5261 cpu board.)

* are all similarly-ended MIPS ports binary compatible with eachother?

      "[...] I generally haven't found IDM guys to be very good
       live acts, most of them just sit down at their laptop and
       tweak reaktor."  -- Brandon Daniel