Subject: NetBSD File Systems
To: 'tech-embed@netbsd.org' <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Unice, Kyle <kyle.unice@intel.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 03/05/2001 13:27:11
I have gotten to the point of having NetBSD trying to mount a file system on
our little embedded system.  The system has FLASH and RAM but not much else.
What is the current thought on file systems inside these types of systems?
Does one allocat a piece of flash and format it as an ffs file system?  If
so, is there a set of Flash chip drivers somewhere for NetBSD?

Thanks for the help,
Kyle

W. Kyle Unice
Senior Software Engineer                 Email: kyle <dot> unice <at>
intel.com
Internet Management Appliance Div.   Voice: (801) 445-0509
Intel Corp.                                         FAX: (801) 445-0104
3740 West 13400 South
Riverton, UT 84065
Mail Stop  RV1-226

Viewpoints, opinions, and content are my own and not necessarily those of
Intel Corp.