Subject: Poll: NetBSD for MPC8xx (82xx) architecture
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Willy Jacobs <WN.Jacobs@net.HCC.nl>
List: tech-embed
Date: 03/03/2001 17:15:57
NetBSD is already available for a lot of processor architectures. Also
the
"smaller" embedded systems are supported. There is already a port
underway for
the MPC8xx by David Querbach of Real-Time Systems
(http://www.realtime.bc.ca),
although is seems that further development is currently postponed. The
last
release was from September 2000.

At my work we use the MPC860{SAR,T} a lot and recently we started to use
Linux
(2.4*) for a (small) in-house project (student thesis). For the boot
monitor we
use PPCBoot.

Comparing the latest Linux port (see http://www.linuxppc.org and mailing
list)
this development is much further then the above mentioned NetBSD port.

Before investing a lot of time (myself and others) in a more complete
port, I'm
interested how many people are interested in NetBSD for the MPC8xx/82xx
and
maybe willing to contribute (develop, test, ...) in some way?
--
willy