Subject: Re: NetBSD cross compile from Win32?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/04/2001 20:43:22
On 4 Feb 2001, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

: > What would it take to build a NetBSD/xxxx cross compile environment
: > on Windows?  I managed to get make running under cygwin, and config
: > mostly worked, but I didn't have a lot of success trying to get gcc
: > to configure.
:
: > The reason I'm posting this to tech-embed is that I think it would be
: > nice to have a fairly easy to install/use toolchain that a Windows
: > user can target NetBSD with.  While most people are willing to install
: > NetBSD to host a cross compile environment, for embedded developers it
: > would be nice to provide a Windows friendly system.
:
: This sounds like it might be really useful for the embedded world. I
: encourage you to get it to work...

I'm nearly finished with the new gnu/dist/toolchain.  When done, it should
be possible to just configure and build gcc/binutils right out of that tree
for all NetBSD ELF targets (and for all but ld and gas for a.out).

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- NetBSD 1.5 now available on CD-ROM  --  http://www.wasabisystems.com/