Subject: Re: NetBSD cross compile from Win32?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@ameritech.net>
List: tech-embed
Date: 01/30/2001 14:16:17
From: "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@sibyte.com>
To: "Todd Vierling" <tv@wasabisystems.com>
Cc: "Andrew Gillham" <gillham@ameritech.net>; <tech-embed@netbsd.org>

> FWIW, my opinion is that if you're shipping an 'embedded development
> kit' or similar for NetBSD to somebody, you really don't want them to
> have to build their own host tools (or any part of the system that
> they don't want to change, i.e. they shouldn't even necessarily be
> building libc).  So, you also need a way to package up those host
> tools so they're easily shippable, if you're going to try to ship
> them.  8-)

Cool. :-)  From my perspective I would just like to see something
readily available.  Quite frequently I see posts about trying to
build a VAX kernel from Linux, or an XYZ kernel from ABC.  I have
a friend working at a local company that uses vxworks, etc and they
pretty much will only use a Windows or OpenVMS machine.  So that
got me thinking about Windows->NetBSD targeting.  I would like to
see NetBSD as an option for some of these places.

-Andrew