Re: Question

> I am new to this sort of a thing. Basically, we are trying to port
> NetBSD to a mips based embedded chip. As a part of that I downloaded the
> cross-mipseb-netbsd package to set-up a cross development environment.
> We also decided to go with newlib from cygnus. When I try to compile the
> newlib I get the following error. The exact command and the error are
> attached. Can anyone help me with it. Or please suggest a better place
> to discuss this, if this is not the right place.

Hi,
As other people said, it is better to use NetBSD's libc rather than
new-lib to port NetBSD userland.

BTW, because NetBSD/mips platforms are binary compatible, if the machine
has network interface, you don't have to use cross compiler to bootstrap
userland. You can simply use userland binary of pmax for little endian
mips platfrom, or newsmips or sgimips binary snapshot for big endian
mips platfrom.
The reason that network interface is needed to simply use binary snapshot
of other mips platform is that disklabel is one of few binaries which
are platform dependent. If the platform has network interface, you can
boot from NFS root filesystem via network interface, and can self compile
disklabel and other (few) platform-dependent binaries.
Thus, cross compiler is only needed to bootstrap kernel.

Of course, the above description is just FYI, because it is better to
have cross-compilation environment which can compile whole userland.
--
soda