Re: New patch for mpc8xx port

umeno%pfu.co.jp@localhost writes:
> First, I added 'RCS_LOCALID=NetBSD' to /etc/mk.conf, then

Uh, in case it's not obvious... Users should never have to, or want
to, do this.  (It sounds like you were driven to this to apply some
diffs... in which case, the fault is probably with the people who
supplied the diffs)

If you do, then what you get is "NetBSD" RCS Ids in your local files
that are nothing like NetBSD has ever produced.  This is bad both for
you, and for anybody within NetBSD who has to deal with it down the
road.  (It's just a matter of time before somebody asks: "I got this
file, it's got a NetBSD RCS Id on it, what does it do / i need some
kind of support for it?")

If you're doing development outside of NetBSD for code which you
intend to go into NetBSD, I, at least, would strongly advocate using
$Id$ and then when your code gets pulled into NetBSD switching over.

cgd