Subject: Re: New patch for mpc8xx port
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@sibyte.com>
From: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
List: tech-embed
Date: 10/09/2000 23:21:19
> umeno@pfu.co.jp writes:
> > First, I added 'RCS_LOCALID=NetBSD' to /etc/mk.conf, then

> Uh, in case it's not obvious... Users should never have to, or want
> to, do this.  (It sounds like you were driven to this to apply some
> diffs... in which case, the fault is probably with the people who
> supplied the diffs)

No doubt I'm guilty -- I've always wondered where the $NetBSD$ id's came
from.

I've started my mpc8xx port by copying files from the prep port.  For these
files, I've left the existing $NetBSD$ and $OpenBSD$ RCS id's in place,
modifying only the code.  For new files of my own creation, I've used $Id$.

This amounts to adding some new files with $NetBSD$.  From your comments,
I'm guessing this was wrong.  If so (please confirm), I'll change all new
files to $Id$ in my next patch file.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.