Subject: New patch for mpc8xx port
To: None <>
From: David Querbach <>
List: tech-embed
Date: 09/28/2000 23:14:25

We've just released a new patch file which contains our work to date on the
Motorola MPC821/823/860 (mpc8xx) port.

Notable improvements:
  - a standalone loader for the Motorola MBX board uses the EPPC-Bug monitor
    facilities to load the kernel via Ethernet
  - the kernel comes up and prints "Hello, NetBSD!" on the console using its
    own internal (non-interrupt-driven) drivers.

  - use the i386 pmap.c as the basis for an MMU driver for the mpc8xx.

for the latest info.

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.

P.S.  I've copied this message to all of those who previously expressed
interest in this port, as well as to  If you'd rather
not be mailed directly, please let me know and I'll take you off my list.