Subject: Re: Port to 8xx embedded PPCs
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
List: tech-embed
Date: 06/20/2000 17:07:03
> Yes.  I've imported a new version of the SoftFloat package that arm32
> uses, and tried to make it more amenable to use by other ports.  It lives
> in src/lib/libc/softfloat and src/lib/libc/arch/${MACHINE_ARCH}/softfloat.

That's good to hear.  I didn't really like copying it, but also didn't feel
competent to generalize it.

> Currently, the only port using it is arm26, but I think I've got the
> portability hacks right.  If I haven't, please tell me rather than putting
> yet another copy of SoftFloat in the tree.

In looking back at my fplib work (from 3 months ago), I see that I already
went through the process of reading the docs and porting softlib.  I'll now
take my port and re-organize it to match your plan.  I'll let you know of
any problems I have.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.