Re: Embedded NetBSD?

Tervehdys

I dont know if this helps but it is something
that I hit while porting netbsd to custom m68k system
that has the network and serial interrupt levels 'backwards'.
At least the symptons are the same.

Originally I had the spl-level as the hardware
has them (the lan has higher level
than the serial devices):
#define splhigh()       spl7()
#define splserial()     _splraise(PSL_S|PSL_IPL4)
#define splsched()      spl7()
#define splclock()      spl6()
#define splstatclock()  spl6()
#define splimp()        _splraise(PSL_S|PSL_IPL5)
#define spltty()        _splraise(PSL_S|PSL_IPL4)
#define splsoftseril()  spl5()
#define splnet()        spl5()
#define splbio()        spl2()
#define splsoftnet()    spl1()
#define splsoftclock()  spl1()

So I tried to be clever and run as low level as possible eg.
splserial() would possibly raise the level so that the uart
interrupts are blocked if not already running at higher level.
But this didn't work. Under moderate load I got kernel page faults.

After changing the spl's
#define splserial()     spl7()
#define splimp()        spl5()
#define spltty()        spl5()

After this change things started to work, but now I'm
running at too high level. If anybody has any suggestions let me know.

73's de ari