Subject: Re: New:Cross compiling for powerpc-netbsd on i386-netbsd: pkgsrc.
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/28/2000 10:49:57
Roger:

What is your build system (machine, architecture, operating system)?  I'm
using an i386 (actually AMD-K6) generic PC-clone running NetBSD-1.4.1.  I
simply got the latest pkgsrc, cracked it and then did:

  cd /usr/pkgsrc/cross/powerpc-netbsd
  make

It first fetched and installed several other programs, such as autoconf and
gmake, then fetched and built binutils and egcs.  This all built without
problems.  I then ran

  make install

to install the results in /usr/pkg/cross.

I've built both the i386-netbsdelf and powerpc-netbsd cross compilers
without ever manually setting environment variables or doing other hand
operations.  If you need hand fixes, I suspect that your setup is wrong
somehow.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.