Subject: Re: USB for sh3?
To: Joe Glennon <jglennon@STELLCOM.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/24/2000 12:00:53
	NetBSD is a complete kernel and userland system, designed
	to work as a unit, though the attention to clean design
	does help when people wish to use a section.

	PSO systems ported the NetBSD tcp/ip stack to VxWorks, and
	made it publicly available:
		http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/products.html#pso-tcpip
	You may be able to get a better idea of what is required
	for USB from their online notes (or you might be interested
	in seeing what they would charge for the work :) Note - I
	have never used PSO systems directly, so this is not a
	direct endorsement.

	Depending on your application you might want to consider
	using NetBSD directly on your system, this is the approach
	taken by companies such as Brains with their mmEye: (*)
		http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/products.html#mmeye
	This would allow other NetBSD developers to provide more
	direct help on your problem, you could take advantage
	of future NetBSD developments and run a greater number
	of tools on your system.

	(*) There are many other companies who have used NetBSD in
	    their systems, but have chosen to keep their source
	    changes private (an option permitted by the BSD licence).
	    Obviously we prefer people to contribute back to the
	    NetBSD project, but we do not believe it is right to
	    enforce this.

		David/absolute