Subject: Re: MPC860 or the mpc850de
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: David Querbach <querbach@realtime.bc.ca>
List: tech-embed
Date: 02/18/2000 09:28:05
> I notis that some of you are working with the 850 and 860.
> I and my friend are assembling the developer board now.
> It might be done in the begining of mars, then the translating the
> netbsd to the board.
>
> our goal is a 1. a firewall
> 	       2. a webserver
>                    3. router
> 	       4. a web cache'r
>
> it would be nice to share data and idees.

I am just now beginning a port to the MPC821, which is very similar to the
MPC860.

At this point, I'm learning how to cross-build the NetBSD source tree
(host=i386, target=ofppc, to begin with).  Over the next few weeks, I expect
to begin dealing with the differences in the memory management hardware,
the bootup sequence, and I/O drivers for the internal devices.

I too would very much like to share data and ideas.

Regards,

David Querbach
Real-Time Systems Inc.