Subject: recommendations?
To: None <tech-embed@netbsd.org>
From: Brook Milligan <brook@biology.nmsu.edu>
List: tech-embed
Date: 01/10/2000 13:52:08
I'm trying to design a system with the following functionality:

- runs NetBSD (of course)
- ethernet: 10baseT min.
- serial port
- SCSI
- smallish:  5" wide max, including side connectors/cabling
- low cost

This will be embedded so I'm envisioning a stripped down version of
the OS; hence 4-8MB RAM should suffice, here.  Of course, I also need
a boot device and perhaps other stuff for development only (floppy,
video?).

I know I can do this with some PC/104 cards, but the only ones I can
find have Pentiums which seems overkill for what I have in mind.

Does anyone have suggestions on other systems (and vendors) to
consider?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Brook