Re: randomness (crypto?) code example wanted please?

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 03:22:07PM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:

> Just like sh, dhcpcd can start very early .... sometimwes before enough
> entropy has been generated just to pull blindly from /dev/urandom because it
> can block - or did in the past; it might be fixed now.

No.  Reading from /dev/urandom cannot block, and never could unless the
system on which you observed such behavior had a bug.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls%panix.com@localhost

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart