/dev/crypto

It seems I have rediscovered the thread started by Nathan in 2005

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-crypto/2005/04/12/msg000351.html

the hard way.

Opening /dev/crypto, and sending a few MB of data to it via
CIOCCRYPT dies with ENOMEM.

His conclusion in

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-crypto/2005/05/29/msg000362.html

is:

  For what it's worth, while working with both sides of /dev/crypto
  (writing some applications and adding a hw-acceleration backend), I've
  developed the strong impression that the /dev/crypto interface is
  something of an afterthought or testing interface, and that the only
  "first class" interface to crypto(4) is the kernel interface.

Any thoughts/plans for /dev/crypto?

Cheers,

Patrick