Separate input/output buffers in opencrypto(9)?

I have some crypto hardware that can't do in-place operations.  Though it's
not a general solution, I'd like to avoid copies when I can by passing
separate input and output addresses down through opencrypto.  The API
currently doesn't support this -- is there some reason why?

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost

  "The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to
   be abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."         - Noam Chomsky