Subject: Re: Adding opencrypto, crypto acceelerator to GENERIC kernels?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: tech-crypto
Date: 11/18/2003 20:25:00
In message <7C713D34-1A46-11D8-B449-000A957650EC@wasabisystems.com>,
Jason Thorpe  writes:

>I'd say it really should be "crypto_devusesoft":
>
>	0 - never allow software sessions for /dev/crypto
>
>	1 - allow software sessions for /dev/crypto
>
>	2 - force software sessions for /dev/crypto
>
>         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>

I take your point. I never like fortran computed-gotos much, which is
what it reminds me of.

My take is that most people are never going to touch the knob.
Personally, I'd sooner stay consistent with other implementations of
the API, than go inventing a better, but never-used, mousetrap.

How about you see if you can sell Sam Leffler on the idea?  If he buys
it for FreeBSD, I'll buy it too.