Subject: Re: openssl 0.9.7 in NetBSD?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: tech-crypto
Date: 07/23/2003 08:35:00
>	* Separate libdes providing old des API, using libcrypto code.

	it's rather difficult due to the API change between 0.9.6 and 0.9.7.
	i guess the ftp://ftp.itojun.org/pub/libdes.tar.gz is the way to go
	(maintain 0.9.6 des_xx under lib/libdes).

>	* Continue to provide old des API in libcrypto (if feasible).

	with openssl 0.9.7b they have openssl/des_old.h which does bunch of
	#defines to rewrite des_xx into _ossl_des_xx (backward compatibility
	function) calls (with lots of args tweaked), so source-code level
	compatibility is already provided (sort of).  but i don't think is what
	you want.

	to provide binary-level compatibility for des_xx we need to keep 0.9.6
	des_xx and 0.9.7 DES_xx (renaming bunch of *.c files) and include them
	into libcrypto.  then the question is, what should we do about header
	files.

itojun