Subject: Re: openssl tools
To: None <>
From: Michael Richardson <>
List: tech-crypto
Date: 10/08/2000 19:28:30
    >> > 	we can use "/usr/bin/openssl asn1parse".
    >> > 	should we make a symlink for every one of those?  there are too much
    >> > 	chances for conflict so i'm not sure...
    >> Hmm. How about /usr/bin/openssl, plus asn1parse.
    >> Any other symlinks could go into... /usr/libexec/x509 or /usr/libexed/pkix
    >> or some such.

    itojun> 	could you tell me why asn1parse is special?  (i'm not objecting,
    itojun> 	i'm curious)  libexec does not seem right to me.

  asn1parse is generally useful for anything that is ASN.1 encoded. Not just

    itojun> 	openssl shell scripts (like, refer them as "openssl
    itojun> 	asn1parse" always.

  Yes, I've noticed this in recent versions of the scripts...

  I guess it doesn't matter. Let things as they are.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [
] |device driver[