kerberos questions, 1.5ALPHA

I'm using 1.5ALPHA on i386, cvs updated August 6th.
There are a couple things I want to do with kerberos, and I'm not sure if
they should work, I just don't have them set up right, or if they don't
work yet.

First one I've brought up before, just not sure if it had been fixed yet.
I want to be able to get kerberos 4 tickets on login, when already getting
kerberos 5 tickets on login.  What I get now:
> klist -4
Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_14768.ttyp1
        Principal: gendalia%IASTATE.EDU@localhost

  Issued           Expires          Principal
Aug 10 22:16:07  Aug 11 08:16:07  krbtgt/IASTATE.EDU%IASTATE.EDU@localhost
Aug 10 22:16:23  Aug 11 08:16:07  host/bb.cc.iastate.edu%IASTATE.EDU@localhost

v4-ticket file: /tmp/tkt14768
klist: No ticket file (tf_util)

kinit -4 is also failing still, hanging for a while before timing out.
If I type my password incorrectly, that returns immediately.  Only if
I type my password correctly does it hang.  It seems to be talking to
both our kerberos-1 and kerbero-2 machines (as named in the krb.conf),
but it's also talking to windc1 and windc2 which are not mentioned in the
krb.conf or krb5.conf.  (windc1 & windc2 are our windows kerberos servers.)

The other thing I'd like to use is encrypted telnet, and I'm again not
sure if I don't have everything quite configured, or if it's not supposed
to work yet.  To/from a NetBSD machine, with a keytab:
> telnet -ax bb.cc
Trying 129.186.140.61...
Connected to bb.cc.iastate.edu.
Escape character is '^]'.
[ Trying KERBEROS5 ... ]
[ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Read req failed: Key table entry no
t found ]
[ Trying KERBEROS5 ... ]
[ Kerberos V5 refuses authentication because Read req failed: Key table entry no
t found ]
Password:

Kerberos 4 versions also don't work, of course.

Tracy J. Di Marco White
Project Vincent Systems Manager
gendalia%iastate.edu@localhost