Subject: Re: Releases
To: Julian Assange <proff@iq.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: tech-crypto
Date: 10/18/1999 21:51:14
>I'm only going on what's presented on the OpenBSD web site. If NRL has
>a different perspective they might want to make sure it's presented.

From http://www.openbsd.org/crypto.html:

Hence the OpenBSD project has embedded cryptography into numerous
places in the operating system. We require that the cryptographic
software we use be freely available and with good licenses. We do
not directly use cryptography with nasty patents.  We also require
that such software is from countries with useful export licenses
because we do not wish to break the laws of any country. The
cryptographic software components which we use currently were
written in Argentina, Australia, Canada, Germany, Greece, Norway,
and Sweden.

Note that it most specifically does NOT mention the United States.
Where do you see it mentioned on the OpenBSD web pages about
this NRL crypto code?

--Ken