Subject: Releases
To: None <tech-crypto@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-crypto
Date: 09/11/1999 09:44:05
We have an interesting problem for future releases.

For 1.4, we had domestic US cryptography only. Because of this, we
could release a "secr" set built out of those sources for
U.S. consumption and be done with it. If you were in the U.S. and
Canada you could choose to fetch secr and if you were outside you
couldn't and just ran without.

Now, however, we have both U.S. and non-US crypto. We have to make
policy decisions about what gets put into the official 1.5 release,
and where it gets built. This is a can of worms. Anyone care to
brainstorm on the subject?

--
Perry Metzger		perry@piermont.com