Subject: Re: Linux emulation, binary software, cluster/grid and SMP
To: Massimiliano Masi <>
From: George Georgalis <>
List: tech-cluster
Date: 01/18/2006 11:20:31
Hi Masi,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 08:30:31AM +0100, Massimiliano Masi wrote:
>Il giorno mar, 17/01/2006 alle 21.53 -0500, George Georgalis ha scritto:
>> Has anyone used linux emulation to run "The Intel Fortran Compiler
>> 9.0" on "a system based on an AMD Athlon* or AMD Opteron*
>> processor." Where there issues? How was performance?
>No, but if you know something that's using the intel's compiler,
>let us know! I'm very interested in this topic.

The intel site makes it look like you need Intel cpu, but thoes
quotes are from Intel Fortran requirements, and I think it will
work on AMD, plus Linux emul for NetBSD.

>> I see MatLAB is mentioned on the NetBSD front page, is it "make
>> and play" does anyone have experiences to share, with its install
>> and operation?
>Yes. The only thing to do (for me) is to mount ptyfs and start
>the installation procedure NOT from X, that this doesn't works for me.

are you using cluster resources as a backend?

// George

George Georgalis, systems architect, administrator <IXOYE>< cell:646-331-2027