Subject: SGE 6.0
To: None <tech-cluster@NetBSD.org>
From: Co Thai Ngo <cngo@nmsu.edu>
List: tech-cluster
Date: 10/19/2004 11:14:41
Hi all,

I'm trying to install SGE 6.0 on NetBSD 1.6.1. I've installed the Berkeley DB
and changed the Makefile, source and script files as what they did with SGE
5.3. The make command runs smoothly. But I got the below errors when I run make
install

**************
acacia# make install
===> Checking for vulnerabilities in sge-V60_TAG-srcnb1
===> Installing for sge-V60_TAG-srcnb1
Group 'sgeadmin' already exists.
User 'sgeadmin' already exists.
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/pkg/sge
/usr/sbin/chown sgeadmin /usr/pkg/sge
/usr/bin/chgrp sgeadmin /usr/pkg/sge
cd /usr/pkgsrc/wip/sge-test/work/gridengine/source &&  echo "Y" | /usr/bin/env
LOCALBASE=/usr/pkg SGE_ROOT=/usr/pkg/sge ./scripts/distinst -local -allall
nbsd-i386
OPENSSLBASE: not found

    Installing: sge_qmaster sge_execd sge_shadowd sge_schedd sge_shepherd
sge_coshepherd qstat qsub qalter qconf qdel qacct qmod qsh utilbin jobs qmon
qhost qmake qtcsh qping distcommon
 Architectures: nbsd-i386
Base directory: /usr/pkg/sge
   OK [Y/N][Y]:
Installing "3rd_party/" directory tree
Installing "inst_sge", "install_qmaster" and "install_execd"
Installing "util/" directory tree
Installing "examples/jobs"
Copying Pixmaps and Qmon resource file
cp: dist/qmon/Qmon: No such file or directory

This command failed: cp dist/qmon/Qmon /usr/pkg/sge/qmon

Installation failed. Exiting.

*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/wip/sge-test
*** Error code 1

It seems that the binary files (qmon, sge_qmaster, sge_schedd...) are not
created. I don't know what step is missing or what I should add to SGE 6.0
source files to make it run on NetBSD. Any advice or comment ? Has any of you
tried SGE 6.0 on NetBSD. What problem are you facing with ? If it's success,
could you please send me the package or post it on CVS.

Thank you very much,

--
Co Thai Ngo
Dept. of Biology