tech-cluster archive

Re: Install cluster - Please help !!!

cngo%nmsu.edu@localhost wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We are going to setup a cluster of 16 identical nodes and 1 master node.
> We've already have hardware setup now we have to install software to make
> it run as a cluster. The way we want our cluster work is as follows: users
> will send their requests to the master node; master node will distribute
> the requests to the other nodes; the cluster should work with any
> application software. Our problem is we don't know what software we should
> use to make a cluster and
> how to setup a cluster.  We would appreciate very much if you could give
> us your advice.

We are running a ~1500cpu cluster
http://www.sfbr.org/pages/about_resources3.php
primarily using SOLAR
http://www.sfbr.org/pages/genetics_projects.php?p=37
for linkage analysis. We are running an SGE-enabled version of
SOLAR that manages all compute tasks. Currently the cluster is
composed of MP Athlons and a few experimental Opteron boxes running
solaris86.

(I'm not directly involved with the cluster)