Subject: Re: Cluster work?
To: Marina Brown <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: tech-cluster
Date: 02/28/2004 14:24:27
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004, Marina Brown wrote:

> While High Performance Clustering is really interesting - what i think is
> REALLY needed are High Availability Clustering solutions ;-)

These are much easier to do on the application level, and have been
around and open-source for many, many years now for at least some
applications. DNS, RADIUS and (in certain cases) SMTP come to mind.

BTW, for those who haven't read it, Gregory Pfisters _In Search Of
Clusters_ is a classic.

Curt Sampson  <>   +81 90 7737 2974