tech-cluster archive

Re: Failover?

I'm looking for the same sort of thing. After I posted to this group last week I found a module for apache (assuming this is what you're using) called mod_backhand. You can set up multiple web servers that will do load balancing and should pick up the slack if one (or more machines) does crash.

Email I haven't looked at yet.

Hope this helps.

Konrad Neuwirth wrote:
Hi everyone,

  I'm currently looking for solutions to have a failover scenario for,
basically, web and email services.  I've found a few questions
regarding freevrrp for NetBSD but, alas, no helpful answer so far.

  Is anybody willing to share his experiences with such a setup or
helpful hints on how to go about with this?