Subject: Re: heterogeneous clusters?
To: None <tech-cluster@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: tech-cluster
Date: 10/26/2003 23:03:46
On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 07:19:38AM -0400, Robert F. Schaefer wrote:
> Sounds like you're in a similar position to me. I'm thinking of
> placing boxs in strategic locations throughout the house, and running
> a distributed temperature-management app...  ^_^

sounds good...  my machines are beneath my bedroom; maybe I could
arrange something like this too.  (:

> What dos your propotype do?

searches for factors of fermat numbers.  (2^(2^n) - 1).  the old
hardware seems to do decently at it even though the algorithm I'm using
is fixed point.

  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown