Subject: CVS commit: src/distrib/sets
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Alan Barrett <email@example.com>
Date: 01/04/2006 14:14:35
Module Name: src
Committed By: apb
Date: Wed Jan 4 14:14:35 UTC 2006
* Give regpkg the ability to create binary syspkg packages (*.tgz files).
The new "-t binpkgdir" option requests this action.
* Make it pay attention to DESTDIR.
* Make it work for unprivileged builds using METALOG.
* Add "force" and "update" modes.
* Add "quiet" mode. There was already a "verbose" mode.
* Add several new command line args in support of the above.
* Make much more use of shell functions.
* Replace the old way of choosing syspkg version numbers.
The new way gives numbers derived from concatenating the OS
version [from osrelease.sh or $(uname -r)], a "tiny" version [from
distrib/sets/versions, default 0], and a date [from RCS time stamps or
file system time stamps].
* Add @blddep lines to the PLIST (in addition to the @pkgdep lines
that were previously added).
* Use host tools such as pax, cksum, and db, to do more or less the
same work that was previously done by pkg_create (which is not a host
tool). No longer attempt to use pkg_create.
Reviewed by agc
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 src/distrib/sets/regpkg
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.