Subject: CVS commit: src/usr.sbin/syslogd
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <email@example.com>
Date: 11/19/2004 02:18:11
Module Name: src
Committed By: thorpej
Date: Fri Nov 19 02:18:11 UTC 2004
src/usr.sbin/syslogd: syslog.conf.5 syslogd.8 syslogd.c
Merge the thorpej-syslogd-hack-branch down to the trunk. Enhancements
- Extend the syntax of syslog.conf to allow selections of log destinations
by comma-separated lists of program name (including kernel-generated
messages) and originating host name.
- Ability to pipe selected messages through arbitrary filter commands.
- Ability to specify priority comparison operations.
- Improvements to domain name handling.
- Conversion to use kqueue for communication and signal events, eliminating
all unsafe signal handlers.
- Allow spaces as well as tabs in syslog.conf.
- Log kernel printfs at LOG_NOTICE instad of LOG_CRIT.
- Ability to log facility/priority with a log message.
- Reliability improvements.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.11 -r1.12 src/usr.sbin/syslogd/syslog.conf.5
cvs rdiff -r1.35 -r1.36 src/usr.sbin/syslogd/syslogd.8
cvs rdiff -r1.69 -r1.70 src/usr.sbin/syslogd/syslogd.c
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.