Subject: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/pci
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: matthew green <email@example.com>
Date: 09/28/2003 01:03:08
Module Name: src
Committed By: mrg
Date: Sun Sep 28 01:03:08 UTC 2003
src/sys/dev/pci: if_bce.c if_bcereg.h
from Izumi Tsutsui <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
- if_bcereg.h should only have register definitions, so declarations
of softc structure etc. should be in if_bce.c.
- The types of DMA descriptors should be u_int32_t, not unsigned long.
- netinet headers are not required here.
- Values passed via bce_tx_ring should also be byte-swapped.
- byte-swapping is not needed for bus_space access.
- mark all magic numbers with /* MAGIC */ so they can be identified at
some point. there are 33 in total though many appear to be the same
value, or related (eg, the 6 emac points.)
leaves these issues:
- RX pre-packet headers need to be byte-swapped or not?
- PAGE_SIZE bytes are allocated for both TX and RX DMA ring descriptors,
but they should be 1024 (== sizeof(struct bce_dma_slot) * N[TR]XDESC).
- the mcast filter.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 src/sys/dev/pci/if_bce.c src/sys/dev/pci/if_bcereg.h
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.