Subject: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/scsipi
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.org>
From: Charles M. Hannum <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 09/05/2003 00:28:56
Module Name: src
Committed By: mycroft
Date: Fri Sep 5 00:28:55 UTC 2003
* Use the "block descriptor length" to find the beginning of the mode page
data. This is critical, since some devices do not return a block descriptor
at all. (XXX There is disgusting structure hackery here.)
* Always use scsipi_size() (i.e. READ CAPACITY) to get the total disk size.
* Get the rotational rate from the rigid geometry page.
* Don't read the block size from the block descriptor if there was none.
* Get the block size from the flexible geometry page if possible.
* If we don't like the way page 4 smells, try page 5, rather than just punting.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.28 -r1.29 src/sys/dev/scsipi/sd_scsi.c
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.