Subject: CVS commit: doc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <email@example.com>
Date: 03/20/2002 02:39:48
Module Name: doc
Committed By: hubertf
Date: Wed Mar 20 00:39:48 UTC 2002
Update irssi to 0.8.4.
Patch sent in by Otto Hilska <firstname.lastname@example.org> in private mail.
v0.8.4 2002-03-13 Timo Sirainen <email@example.com>
* Continuing to fix my stupid mistakes...
- When a queried nick did a nick change, it might have crashed irssi
- read ChangeLog for some other minor changes
v0.8.3 2002-03-13 Timo Sirainen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Perl scripts handling channel parts/kicks/quits printed some
- Connecting to IPv6 servers without IPv4 record didn't work
- When queries were auto-created by you using /MSG and you had
/SET autoclose_query non-zero, the query was always destroyed
- Fix to some stupid ircds not sending us 001 numeric, but
beginning from MOTD
v0.8.2 2002-03-11 Timo Sirainen <email@example.com>
* Changed the list of scripts distributed with irssi. Separated
example scripts to scripts/examples/ directory.
* Hated infobar was removed, the same info is now in topicbar in
empty windows. I don't think it would disturb anyone in there.
If you still preferred always-empty topicbars, use
/SBAR topic REMOVE topic_empty
+ Added info_eol field to theme. If true, timestamp and server tag
are added to end of line, not at beginning.
+ If -4 or -6 option is used with /SERVER, irssi now forces the
connection using the given protocol or fails.
+ /SET max_wildcard_modes (default 6) - if a wildcard to /OP, /DEOP,
/VOICE or /DEVOICE matches more nicks than this, -yes option is
required. This is trying to prevent accidental massops. Setting
it to 0 disables this check.
+ Supports now correctly servers which use '.' char as channel owner
character in /NAMES list. Also supports multiple mode chars, eg.
@+nick (if some server actually used it).
+ Never ignore kick message if you get kicked from channel.
+ Sending irssi SIGHUP now does a /RELOAD - useful if you
accidentally messed up something which doesn't let you do the
/RELOAD inside irssi (eg. /SBAR prompt DISABLE).
+ irssi-proxy: PROXY CTCP ON|OFF - proxy clients can send this
command to specify that they want to handle the received CTCP
requests. Useful for specifying who gets to handle DCCs.
+ Added escape_char /BIND command. The next char after that would be
added as-is to input line.
- Writing lines longers than 1024 chars to input buffer crashed
irssi (stupid missing sizeof() bug :)
- Some UTF-8 fixes
- Better flood protection for lines with >100 chars
- Control characters aren't printed as-is in topicbar (or statusbars
in general) anymore
- /OPER can be now aborted by giving empty password
- Netjoin messages were buggy in +channels
- Part message parameter for /CYCLE was never used.
- Don't send -autosendcmd after /UPGRADE.
- /SET autoclose_query - now only last received private message
affects when the query is closed, ie. /WHOIS requests or nick
changes don't reset the counter.
- Foreground ANSI colors weren't working
- Deleting one character replaced cutbuffer with that character.
Also ^Y leaked memory.
- /SCRIPT LOAD looked scripts from prefix/lib dir, not prefix/share
where they were actually installed.
- Highascii chars in replaces block in theme files could have
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.6234 -r1.6235 doc/pkg-CHANGES
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.