Subject: CVS commit: basesrc/sbin/newfs
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Luke Mewburn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 07/29/2001 12:55:24
Module Name: basesrc
Committed By: lukem
Date: Sun Jul 29 09:55:23 UTC 2001
basesrc/sbin/newfs: newfs.8 newfs.c
* add -F option: enable creation of file system in a regular file. a "fake"
disklabel is created as per mfs on "swap".
* add -Z option: pre-zero the -F image file before use. this is necessary if
the image is to be used with vnd(4) because by default the files created
with -F have "holes" and vnd doesn't cope with that.
* support 'k', 'm', 'g' suffixes for all options which take numeric arguments.
provide strsuftoi() which performs the parsing mechanism.
* improve man page description of various options
* replace "filesystem" with "file system"
* when displaying usage for mfs, only list mfs options
* minor KNF and WARNS=2 cleanups
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.29 -r1.30 basesrc/sbin/newfs/newfs.8
cvs rdiff -r1.42 -r1.43 basesrc/sbin/newfs/newfs.c
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.