Subject: CVS commit: doc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Bernd Ernesti <email@example.com>
Date: 05/13/2001 21:16:33
Module Name: doc
Committed By: veego
Date: Sun May 13 18:16:33 UTC 2001
Note the upgrade of am-utils to 6.0.6:
*** Notes specific to am-utils version 6.0.6:
- new ports:
Apple OS X support (Darwin, Rhapsody)
- reworked autoconf scripts so that newer versions of known OSs will default
their configuration to the last known version (better chance that it will
pass autoconf and work).
- linux support for lofs and "bind" mounts, so type:=lofs can work (whether
you're using autofs or not)
- renamed amd.conf option "selectors_on_default" to "selectors_in_defaults"
(on -> in, and added "s"). Old name remains in place for compatibility.
- lots of cleanups of debugging and logging messages
- Bugs fixed:
lots of Linux-related ones, so it compiles for recent kernels
better checking on various mount options of the form foo=N or foo=STR
fixed NFS errno mapping bug which mapped ENOENT to success
*** Notes specific to am-utils version 6.0.5:
- Minor ports:
support for Linux 2.4 kernels and newer GLIBC versions
cleanup of AIX and IRIX6 ports
- Support new mount options:
proplist (ACLs over NFS, DU-4.0)
kerb, rdirplus, readdirsize, and xlatecookie (NetBSD-1.5K+)
nonlm, lock, nolock (Linux)
- Don't force rsize/wsize on Linux 2.2.18+ and 2.4.x. Improves performance
- Lots of documentation updates: texinfo, man pages, scripts, and more.
- LDAP: included proposed Schema and Internet Draft for LDAP Schema. See
README.ldap for more information.
- Removed all remains of the dangerous amq -M code.
- Major bug fix: initialize NFS fileid field correctly, to avoid cache
aliasing problems, esp. on Linux.
- Major Linux bug fix: map errnos to NFS errors (mistakenly turned off a
while back). Also support unused errno 41.
- Other bugs fixes:
default MAXHOSTNAMELEN (if undefined) is 256, not 64
truncate hostnames to MAXHOSTNAMELEN (security fix)
alignment problem in getwire() on ALPHA
other buf overflow problems (security fixes)
ctl-amd supports "condrestart" (Red Hat)
bell char is \g not \a
lostaltmail verify MAILDIR is defined
am-eject accepts "floppy" and "cdrom" as args
other assorted small bug fixes
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.2195 -r1.2196 doc/CHANGES
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.