Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Manuel BOUYER <email@example.com>
Date: 10/20/2000 19:06:18
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: bouyer
Date: Fri Oct 20 16:06:18 UTC 2000
pkgsrc/net/mrtg/files: md5 patch-sum
pkgsrc/net/mrtg/patches: patch-aa patch-ab
pkgsrc/net/mrtg/patches: patch-ac patch-ad
Upgrate to mrtg 2.9.2, and change maintainer back to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Todd Vierling doesn't use mrtg any more :)
Changes from 2.8.12:
MRTG 2.9 is the biggest change in MRTG since the release of MRTG 2.0.
So let's hear the news first:
* The rrdtool integration allows for massively increased logging
* Routers which change their interface numbers are no problem any more.
MRTG can now reliably address interfaces by IP, MAC, Description,
Name and Type. The cfgmaker tool has been rewritten from scratch and
allows to generate configurations with any of the above mentioned
interface addressing methods.
* Indexmaker has be rewritten from scratch, it is now much more
flexible and fully documented.
* All the MRTG documentation has been reviewed and ported to perls
"Plain Old Documentation (POD)" format. This allows to provide all
documentation in text, HTML and man format. It is now all available
on the MRTG web-site.
* Config file parsing has been optimized. This makes reading
configuration files much faster. Especially large configuration files
are faster by factors
* Under UNIX, mrtg can fork into several instances while querying
routers. This improves data acquisition performance dramatically,
especially with slow networks.
* Graphs and webpages can be generated on the fly is mrtg is used with
rrdtool logging. Several tools in the mrtg contrib section are
available for this purpose.
* And there is more: MRTG has been translated into 29 languages, OS
detection has been automated, did I mention performance, many of the
contributed tools have been dated and a slew of new ones has been
added, The config file reading code is now available in a documented
library which simplifies the creation of other tools which need
access to the mrtg cfg file.
* In total, over 200 individual changes are listed in the change log
since the release of MRTG 2.9.2.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.18 -r1.19 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/files/md5
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/files/patch-sum
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/patches/patch-aa
cvs rdiff -r1.4 -r1.5 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/patches/patch-ab
cvs rdiff -r0 -r1.1 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/patches/patch-ac \
cvs rdiff -r1.8 -r1.9 pkgsrc/net/mrtg/pkg/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.