Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 10/11/2000 12:57:31
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: itojun
Date: Wed Oct 11 09:57:31 UTC 2000
update to 1.0.3.
Noteworthy changes in version 1.0.3 (2000-09-18)
* Fixed problems with piping to/from other MS-Windows software
* Expiration time of the primary key can be changed again.
* Revoked user IDs are now marked in the output of --list-key
* New options --show-session-key and --override-session-key
to help the British folks to somewhat minimize the danger
of this Orwellian RIP bill.
* New options --merge-only and --try-all-secrets.
* New configuration option --with-egd-socket.
* The --trusted-key option is back after it left us with 0.9.5
* RSA is supported. Key generation does not yet work but will come
* CAST5 and SHA-1 are now the default algorithms to protect the key
and for symmetric-only encryption. This should solve a couple
of compatibility problems because the old algorithms are optional
according to RFC2440
* Twofish and MDC enhanced encryption is now used. PGP 7 supports
this. Older versions of GnuPG don't support it, so they should be
upgraded to at least 1.0.2
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -r1.14 -r1.15 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/Makefile
cvs rdiff -r1.6 -r1.7 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/files/md5
cvs rdiff -r1.5 -r1.6 pkgsrc/security/gnupg/pkg/PLIST
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.