Subject: CVS commit: pkgsrc
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Johnny C. Lam <email@example.com>
Date: 03/27/2000 16:34:33
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: jlam
Date: Tue Mar 28 00:34:33 UTC 2000
Update of /cvsroot/pkgsrc/games/freeciv-server
In directory nb00:/tmp/cvs-serv4866
Freeciv game server.
WHAT'S CHANGED SINCE 1.9.0:
- Internationalization extended. Still needs improvement.
New ./doc directory for localized versions of README and INSTALL.
Current localizations: de en_GB es fr hu no pl pt pt_BR ru.
- Added Civ1/2-like Barbarians. Controlled by two server options.
- Many more nations added.
- Worklists -- Players can now specify a list of things to be built in
- The AI now utilizes diplomats/spies aggressively.
- Added a variant (1) of Michelangelo's Chapel.
- Initial rates after Revolution will try to maximize Science.
- Rapture-triggered city growth will no longer empty the foodbox.
- Map generator improvements:
- Gen 1 hills more uniform north/south.
- Gen 2+ will tend to make fewer length-one rivers.
- Added unit-death explosion animation.
- No longer will cities with exactly 0 (zero) production surplus be given
a "free" shield every turn.
- Command-line arguments made more consistent between server and client.
- Caravans now provide a research benefit when initially establishing a
trade route, equal to the monetary benefit.
- Diplomat/Spy changes:
- Changed all actions to more closely conform to Civ2 rules.
- Changed "diplchance" to be %-chance of success. Used in many ways.
- Diplomat/Spy may attempt action with any movement left.
- Added "At Spy's Discretion" selection to steal and sabotage dialogs.
- Allow Spies to steal tech from a city more than once (gets harder).
- May only poison towns of size greater than 1 (one).
- May only sabotage units that are alone on a square.
- When a city is subverted, only nearby units change sides.
- Veteran status improves defense against other Diplomats/Spies.
- Added production display of number of turns remaining to build.
- Small, shield-like flags tilesets (trident_shields, engels_shields).
- Airbase changes (for Civ2 compliance):
- Ground units can attack Air units when they are parked on an Airbase.
- Units are defeated only singly when on an Airbase (like a Fortress).
- Revised and improved the server 'help' command.
- New intro graphics.
- Ships may now have their movement reduced after a combat in which they
- Added display of production values to main map "city tiles" display.
- Increased the Add-To City size limit to 9 to conform to Civ2.
- Settler's "Connect" feature -- Automatically connect two points with
Road, Railroad, Irrigate or Fortress.
- Several AI improvements.
- New ruleset support for CITIES, most notably cities are now drawn in
different sizes and styles.
- Allow specifying unambiguous player name prefix, instead of full
player name, for server commands taking a player name argument.
- Added multi-client configuration support.
- Added 'read' and 'write' server commands.
- Added "best nation" column to Demographics report.
- Changed Fighters and Stealth Fighters to not cause unhappiness (Civ2).
- Cities on mountains will produce an extra food (Civ2).
- Fixed bug where Lighthouse was not producing veteran sea units.
- Ported to Amiga. (This is not included with a "distribution"; get it
directly from the CVS <http://www.freeciv.org/contribute.html#SetupCVS>,
or from a CVS Snapshot <http://www.freeciv.org/latest.html>.)
- Lots of bug fixes, code cleanups, and help-text improvements.
Vendor Tag: TNF
Release Tags: pkgsrc-base
No conflicts created by this import