Subject: CVS commit: src
To: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <email@example.com>
Date: 09/08/1998 18:32:29
Module Name: src
Committed By: thorpej
Date: Wed Sep 9 01:32:28 UTC 1998
src/sys/netinet: tcp_input.c tcp_var.h
Use an algorithm similar to that in tcp_notify() to determine if
syn_cache_unreach() should remove the entry, or just continue on.
Algorithm is to only remove the entry if we've had more than one unreach
error and have retransmitted 3 or more times. This prevents the following
scenario, as noted in PR #5909 (PR from Ty Sarna, scenario from
* Host A sends a SYN.
* Host A retransmits the SYN.
* Host B gets the first SYN and sends a SYN-ACK.
* Host B gets the second SYN and sends a SYN-ACK.
* One of the SYN-ACK bounces with an
ICMP unreachable, causing the `SYN cache' entry to be
removed with no notification.
* Host A receives the other SYN-ACK, sends an ACK, and goes to
Should fix PR #5909.