Subject: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <source@NetBSD.ORG>
Date: 06/14/1997 08:50:02
Sat Jun 14 01:43:33 PDT 1997
Update of /cvsroot/src/libexec/ftpd
In directory netbsd1:/var/slash-tmp/cvs-serv27989
Makefile extern.h ftpcmd.y ftpd.8 ftpd.c pathnames.h popen.c
* implement /etc/ftpd.conf, which adds support for the following features,
controllable on a per class (which is one of: real, chroot, guest,
all or none) basis:
* on-the-fly execution of a command to build the file (a ``conversion''),
providing support for "get dirname.tar" and the like.
* displaying the contents of a file when a directory is entered
for the first time.
* maximum value for timeout (replaces -T).
* control usage of CHMOD, DELE, MKD, RMD, UMASK; replacing -DINSECURE_GUEST.
* notifying the user of the existance of a files matching a glob
pattern when a directory is entered for the first time.
* default value for timeout (replaces -t).
* default umask (replaces -DGUEST_CMASK and -u).
The conversion, display, and notify functionality was based on code by
Simon Burge <email@example.com>.
* clean up and re-order parts of the man page into subsections.
* STAT displays the settings defined for the class of the current user.
* bump version from 6.00 to 7.00, because of ftpd.conf.
* deprecate -DGUEST_CMASK and -DINSECURE_GUEST in the Makefile, and
-t, -T and -u, as ftpd.conf allows finer control of these.
* add "nostderr" argument to ftpd_popen(), because you don't want the
stderr stream mixing with the stdout stream during a conversion,
as this can corrupt the stream.