Subject: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: None <source-changes@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <source@NetBSD.ORG>
Date: 10/14/1996 08:00:02
Mon Oct 14 00:58:55 PDT 1996
Update of /cvsroot/src/sys/arch/hp300/hp300
In directory netbsd1:/var/slash-tmp/cvs-serv29010
A few small changes:
- Offset kernel text one page. Stash the PA of this offset page for
- Add a few comments.
- Free up some registers earlier in the initialization process.
- Use a `prototc' to set the Translation Control register, rather
than relying on a2 pointing just past the MMU trampoline in the
high page. (Suggested by Charles Hannum.)
- Set VBR to the kernel vector table just before turning on the MMU.
- Just before rebooting, set VBR to 0, which is what the BOOTROM expects
it to be.