Subject: sun-lamp CVS commits
To: None <>
From: The Source of All Evil <source@NetBSD.ORG>
List: source-changes
Date: 11/28/1995 03:40:02
Tue Nov 28 00:40:00 PST 1995
Update of /a/cvsroot/src/sys/compat/hpux
In directory

Modified Files:
	hpux_exec.h hpux.h hpux_compat.c hpux_sig.c files.hpux 
	syscalls.conf syscalls.master 
Added Files:
	hpux_exec.c hpux_file.c 
Log Message:
Get COMPAT_HPUX partially working on the hp300.  Notable improvements:
	* It compiles (and links).
	* Make use of "/emul/hpux" where applicable.
	* Untangle a bit, pulling some funtions from the monolithic
	  hpux_compat.c into hpux_file.c, hpux_exec.c, etc.
	* Fix a couple of bugs.
Yet to do:
	* Move hp300-specific functions into hp300/hp300/hpux_machdep.c.
	* Make everything work properly (you laugh...)

These changes are sufficient to run some simple HP-UX 9.x executables,
including ls(1) (which will read password and group information from the
YP server correctly, albeit slowly), a simple "hello world", uname(1),
and a few other odds and ends.  Dynamically linked executables work, and
demand-paging _seems_ to work properly.  Major problems:
	* socket and/or signal handling appears to need some work yet.
	* 99% sure I didn't do exactly the right thing adjusting for the
	  fact that "kstack" is gone now.
	* ktrace(1)'ing some executables (HP-UX telnet(1) is what I tried)
	  causes the HP-UX executable to dump core with a SIGSEGV for an
	  as of yet unknown reason.

This is mostly meant as a checkpoint/snapshot, to make it easier for others
to track progress on this code, and hack on it themselves.  It's certainly
better off now than before.