Subject: Re: visiting SFBA May 5-12, 2007
To: Erik Berls <cyber@ono-sendai.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: regional-sfba
Date: 05/04/2007 23:03:40
On Apr 22, 2007, at 11:11 PM, Erik Berls wrote:

> I could probably do that.  The advantage the other place had was they
> weren't as crowded.  However, they were out of the beer I wanted.

I'm up for Yankee or 21st.  Trying to think of others that might be
good... One place that is kind of fun is the Beach Chalet out on Great
Highway (http://www.beachchalet.com/).  It's an old historic building
that 75 years ago used to contain a restaurant and changing areas for
beach-goers.  Now it contains a restaurant and a small museum :-)
It's right across the street from the Pacific Ocean, so if we pick the
time right and get a good table, we can watch a spec-@#$@-tacular
sunset.  They do take reservations, so if we have our ducks in a row,
we could probably ensure a good view.

The beer there is pretty good, and so is the food (Heather, Lily, [and
now Gus] and I meet some friends there semi-regularly and eat in the
outdoor area in the back).

Parking is fairly decent (they have their own lot, and there is
usually street parking either right inside Golden Gate Park on JFK
Blvd. or 2 blocks away on Fulton St).

The main disadvantage is that it's somewhat out of the way for people
not already in the City, and if you're in the City and depending on
public transit to get there, it's kind of a hike from the N-Judah turn-
around or the Geary St. and Balboa St. bus lines.  (I'm not sure how
far out the Fulton St. bus goes, but if it goes all the way to Great
Highway, that is a fairly short walk.

Are we settled on the date?  Due to my recent family expansion, I'll
need to make sure I have arranged help for Heather that night
(although this next week, Heather's mom is staying with us, so it
happens to work out pretty well).

> -=erik.
>

> On 4/21/07, Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:
>> Tracy Di Marco White <gendalia@menelos.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Jason & I will be visiting the SFBA area May 5-12, 2007.
>>
>> How about beer on Thursday, the 10th in SF?  Maybe 21st Amendement
>> again, this time around?
>>
>> -Jan
>>
>> --
>> Free Speech Online - Stop Internet Censorship
>>   --- Electronic Frontier Foundation -- http://www.eff.org ---

-- thorpej