Subject: HEADS UP: testing of enhanced mail filters on regional-pt@NetBSD.org
To: None <regional-pt@NetBSD.org>
From: Luke Mewburn <lukem@NetBSD.org>
List: regional-pt
Date: 03/01/2004 11:13:05
--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5

Hello regional-pt members.

Due to the excessive level of spam and viruses that this mailing
list receives, which is currently bounced to the mailing list
administrator for approval (me for this list), we're enhancing our
filtering methodology.

We're trialing a mail filter which bounces any messages with MIME
attachments that have a certain filename suffix, including ".zip".
The moderator (me) will not even get a chance to approve such
messages.

We hope that this will reduce the tiresome load on the mailing
list moderators that these pesky viruses cause.  If the trial
is successful, we'll be implementing it across all NetBSD.org
mailing lists.

Your mailing list moderator,
Luke.

--FL5UXtIhxfXey3p5