Subject: NYCBUG this week
To: None <regional-nyc@NetBSD.org>
From: George Rosamond <george@ceetonetechnology.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 10/01/2007 08:39:14
This month's New York City *BSD User Group meeting. . .

October 03, 2007
Gene Cronk on Implementing IPv6

6:30pm, Suspenders Restaurant
http://www.suspendersbar.com/location.php

This talk will be on some of the basics of IPv6 including addressing,
subnetting, and tools to test connectivity. There will be a lab (network
permitting), and setups for an as of yet undisclosed flavor of BSD as
well as some of the well known daemons (Apache 2, SSHD) will be
demonstrated. Setting up a BSD OS as an IPv6 router and tunneling system
will also be covered.

If you`re reading this and see something I missed (and plan on attending
the meeting), please drop a mail to the list and let me know what else
should be added.

Bio

Gene Cronk, CISSP-ISSAP, NSA-IAM is a freelance network security
consultant, specializing in *NIX solutions. He has been working with
computers for well over 20 years, electronics for over 15, and IPv6
specifically for 4 years. He has given talks on IPv6 and a multitude of
other topics at DefCon, ShmooCon and other "underground" venues.

Gene is from Jacksonville, FL. When not involved in matters concerning
IPv6, he can be found gaming (Anarchy Online), helping out with the
Jacksonville Linux User`s Group, being one of the benevolent dictators
of the Hacker Pimps Security Think Tank, or fixing up his house.