Subject: soekris
To: nyc <>
From: James K. Lowden <>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 02/16/2005 21:59:14

I'm going to violate this list's beer-only policy, because I'd like to tap
(get it?) into ye olde superior knowledge and experience.

I've been using a succession of quick-dying sparcstations for a
firewall/dns/postfix box.  My new apartment is much quieter, sufficiently
so that the sparc and my old PII 233 are noticeably noisy.  Time for a
change, methinks.  Something that will stay on the no-bother list for a
few years.

The basic Soekris box seems to support a 1 GB CF microdrive and seems
ideal for what I want it for.  Any reason not to buy one?  Better

Thanks for any advice.  We now return you to your regular beer