Subject: Re: meet for a few beers?
To: Christian Limpach <chris@pin.lu>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 02/16/2005 13:40:04
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 04:36:09PM +0100, Christian Limpach wrote:
> Thor,
>
> I'm going to be in New York tomorrow evening and was wondering if all the
> New York developers are still going out for beers on Thursday nights?  If
> so, could I join?  I haven't really met any other NetBSD developers in
> person but I always planned to do that when I'm in New York next time ;-)

That would be absolutely terrific.  We do still meet on Thursday nights
though I haven't been there in a while.

We meet at a bar called d.b.a. which is at 1st Avenue and 2nd Street
(it's just north of Houston, near the rather confusingly named "2nd
Avenue" stop on the F line of the subway).  People generally seem to
drift in between 5:30 and 6:30 but a sizeable contingent often arrives
around 7 or even a little later.  We often order food and have it
delivered to the bar.

I've got class uptown until 5:45 so I myself will probably get there
around 6:30PM.

I'm carboning this to the regional-nyc list so people will know you're
coming.

"The inconsistency is startling, though admittedly, if consistency is to be
 abandoned or transcended, there is no problem."		- Noam Chomsky