Subject: Chuck Yerkes has passed away
To: None <regional-nyc@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: regional-nyc
Date: 08/27/2004 10:30:17
I know at least several NetBSD geeks in NYC knew Chuck so I thought I
would forward this.

Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 00:37:11 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
From: "Randall S. Winchester" <rsw@sendmail.com>
To: sage-members@usenix.org
Subject: [SAGE] Chuck Yerkes has passed away

Dear SAGE members,
 I am very sorry to have to share with you that one of your long time
contributors, Chuck Yerkes, passed away this evening around 9:30PM
PST due to trauma from a motorcycle accident on his way home from work
at PeopleSoft.

Chuck Yerkes, as a former Sendmail employee and long time opensource
and Unix proselytizer had many current and former Sendmail employees
at Eden Hospital in Castro Valley, California, in support him and his
very significant, Val. Much of our company and compatriots were on
email, IRC, wireless, and phone trees, united in concern for our very
dear friend.

The news from the doctor took us all by surprise, as this wonderful
spirit who consistently sought to help those of his beloved opensource
and Unix based community, and with a passion encouraged all of us to
always seek to build better software, hardware, and products - was
gone.

I have been reading over many of the emails that Chuck has sent to the
sage-members list. It is a pleasure to read his words, and consider
his thoughts and heart. Chuck Yerkes has made a lot of friends and
offered guidance and help to a large community.

Chuck Yerkes' passion and friendship will be greatly missed. May you
all continue to support and encourage each other in like fashion.

Randall